Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Breath

Up from the depths I come for a gulp of fresh air. Yikes, I've been busy. I should take this time to clarify "busy." For me, any scheduled activity automatically equals busy, even if it's fun times I scheduled with friends. What? We're to get together for tea after work? Oh my gosh I'm so busy! So much is going on! That's me.

So now I say to you, "Whoa, friends and family, I've been busy."

It all started in August when I went to Nashvegas with Audra and company.
The next weekend was Labor Day weekend, so I went camping with Boyfriend's family
Two weeks later I spent a weekend at my sister's house.
Two weeks later I spent a weekend in Indiana to visit the folks and go to a wedding.
Three weeks later I went to Chicago to visit Audies (and saw Dar and Lauren!)
Now I'm at the old alma mater on business.
On the free weekends there were a few birthday parties, a tea party, a Halloween party and activities, and I painted and rearranged my bedroom.

They were wonderful, wonderful times and I wouldn't change my schedule at all, but now I need air. That, Ladies and Gentlemen, is why I can't wait for this weekend. I have nothing scheduled, save for to spend some time with my friend Ashley who will be visiting. Ashley is a low maintenance visitor. We lived together for two years during college, so there are no formalities between us. I repeat: no formalities. I fully intend to sleep late on Saturday, watch football in my pajamas for the entire day, maybe play some NES or watch a movie, and then go back to bed having never changed into real clothes. On Sunday, I'll actually get to go to my home church (!), and then I'll nap and watch more football in the afternoon. Maybe I'll cook something delicious too. Doesn't that just sound fantastic?

My friends and family will probably scoff at my definition of busy, especially three couples who have their own idea of what busy means. Congrats to my sister and her husband, my brother and his wife, and Josh and Sara! I look forward to baby mania this coming summer.

As long as I don't have to handle the poop.

No poop.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Glass-Turner said...

Can't wait for Gale force winds!

audra.marie said...

wait, josh and sara, too? my goodness. jones, we gotta get crackin'!

not really, i have no real desire to get crackin'. labor pains, pshh, no thanks :)

MARK and LORI said...

I love, LOVE hanging out and watching football ALL weekend. SO fun!

Mary Brooks said...

No poop.