Wednesday, September 17, 2008

New loves

Announcement

I'm in love with the following:
  1. Cathedrals by Jump Little Children. Listen to it here, and then after you return to Earth buy it on iTunes or Amazon or something to show your very legal appreciation for such beauty. It reminds me a bit of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah, as made popular by Jeff Buckley and of course Shrek...sadly. Cathedrals doesn't have the same brilliance as Hallelujah, but both form in me a sense of longing, of melancholy, of hope. Give it a whirl.
  2. Out of Africa, the Best Picture winner of 1985. I purchased it three years ago in China for 75 cents, but I didn't watch it until yesterday. Speaking of legal appreciation, I think I'd better make a trip to Best Buy soon. This one belongs on my shelf.
There you have it. I love them. I luuurve them, you know. I loave them, I luff them, two F's...

4 comments:

Lyndee said...

I get weepy everytime I see Karen and Denys fly over the Rift Valley and Lake Naivasha.

audra.marie said...

Oddly enough, the day after you told me to listen to "Cathedrals", I was at work and guess what started playing over the speakers? Yep. I knew it had sounded familiar. However, this version was sung by Joan Osbourne, remember her (hey '90s)? Same exact song/sound/version, except sung by a melancholy chick rather than a melancholy dude. How ya like them apples?

Oddly enough, again, I had also been thinking of adding Out of Africa to my Netflix because I, also, have never seen it.

There you have it. We are the same. But this is not new information.

MARK and LORI said...

I love both of those songs. Mark Robert has been playing Hallelujah on his guitar, so I sing it throughout my day because it's in my head.

I don't think, though, that I have seen Out of Africa. I'll have to do that...maybe I'll wait until MJ comes home...which is soon!

Love you ej...

Dar said...

question: how did you and audie make it through living with gale and NOT see out of africa?! glad you've finally seen the glory of it all...

-dar