Friday, August 22, 2008

Ying and Yang

Things that make me happy:
1. The coming weekend in Nashville
2. Seeing Audra
3. A short workday
4. Plain bagels with chive and onion cream cheese
5. The Princess Bride
6. Quality tea
7. Boyfriend

Things that make me disgruntled:
1. Cooking fried chicken. I fail.
2. Forgetting that I promised to fill up 200 water balloons until 11:00 the night before I'm supposed to have them done
3. The syntax of that last sentence
4. Staying up until 1:00 on a work night to fill water balloons
5. Having Britney Spears' Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman song stuck in my head
6. Having Britney Spears' Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman song stuck in my head while filling up 200 water balloons

It's a balance, really.

3 comments:

Bitty said...

water balloons? Is your office getting ready to prank my office?

audra.marie said...

i completely agree with the happy numbers 1, 2, 3, and 5. really, those things would make anyone happy.

guess said...

Ouch, Audra. I'm so glad that not only did I miss the faux-asian's list of things that ought to make one happy, but I made my own girlfriend's list at a whopping number seven after a crummy country music town and a children's movie. At least I got crammed in just above "pants" and "toilet paper."