Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Updates and Additions

"And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost." 10 points to the first person who names the source of that quote. No google cheating, though I hardly think you'll need to.

Here are a few items of which you should be informed.
#1. I spoke too soon here.

Just two weeks ago it looked like this.


Now it looks like this:


How could this happen? I'll tell you how this could happen. These are the culprits, and more disgusting culprits I've never seen.

Well, that's not really true. I've seen this.
Crawling out of the fireplace.
In my bedroom.
Late at night.
I shudder just remembering it.

In any case, it looks like the pumpkin is doomed. Anyone have a suggestion for me? Do you know what kind of bug that is and what I can do to get rid of it? Is the plant even remotely salvageable at this point? Is that how you spell salvageable?

#2. In a previous post, I forgot to mention that Boyfriend's taste association with my last name just happens to be taco and chili meat. If that doesn't strike you as ironic, or if it's completely incomprehensible to you, see explanations here and here.

#3. Doesn't this look incredible? Yohan made that. Yohan, you're a genius! Someone give this man a grant so he can go into chefery full time. Someone? Anyone?


Mmmmmmmm. It was delicious too.

#4. Best outfit ever.

Thoughts on China coming tomorrow or Friday or next week or sometime. We're very precise here on I Have a Hat.

7 comments:

audra.marie said...

yohan is a genius and will be in charge of any cake making from henceforth.

MARK and LORI said...

That's a picture of an adult squash bug. I looked it up. that's terrible, em! TERRIBLE! I'm in mourning for your pumpkin plant. :(

Natalie said...

1. Just go to a pumpkin patch and pick out a new one. This green thumb stuff is for the birds.

2. What's boyfriend's taste association for my name?

3. Is Yohan making your wedding cake? You know, on that day in the far future when you might need a wedding cake.

4. Note to self: Buy Emily clothes for Christmas.

Six in the Mix said...

Squash bugs. Had them here too and would not have caught them barring a visit from Jon's mom. She noticed at once and we slit the vine at the bug's entry point and covered the thing with seven (sevin?) dust. Anyway, we got them. Ours would have looked the same as yours had she not noticed.

Keeping Up With the Joneses said...

To quote Bob Dykman

"Better living through chemicals."

R.C. said...

Lord of the Rings the Fellowship of the Ring

(the source for your quote)

Remember me??? Hints:
Chris Nichols
Initially His
the good-looking one
(not Andy Biddy)

Long time.
Cool blog - I enjoy reading it

R.C.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it took that long for someone to get the quote.